1930’s Teen Delinquents
i.e. life role models
1930’s Teen Delinquents
i.e. life role models
they’re so cute i hate them (x)
[ENTIRE GOOD OMENS FANDOM INTENSIFIES]
okay so I’ve seen a lot of really cool things around the internet so I thought I’d compile a bunch of references and fun things into one easy post for y’all! this has been a real long time in the making but it’s finally finished uwu (◡‿◡✿)
- any links on this masterpost broken? use this!BEING AN ADULT
- 50 sci fi and fantasy works every socialist should read
- a simple unbiased political resource for young adults in the uk
- a whole bunch of cv/resume templates
- any lipstick colour you want for cheap
- college survival masterpost
- food for broke college kids
- how to answer common job interview questions
- how to become an adult
- how to look busy even when you’re not
- learn languages
- need to escape from a bad home situation?
- short introductions to politics and other grown up issues
- should i vote ukip?
- what are my transferable skills?
- what the fuck should i make for dinner?
- writing a cover letterCHEER UP
- 24/7 cute animal livestreams
- 7 cups of tea
- cute websites
- feeling ok?
- feeling stressed?
- for when u hav feelings
- for when ur sad my lil pumpkin
- happy things
- positivity tag
- trekkie care packageFILMS
- afi’s top 100
- all the disney and pixar u could want
- animated faves
- find a good movie to watch
- ghibli \ wes anderson \ sofia coppola
- good movies to watch whenever
- lgbtqia+ movies
- lovely big movie masterpost
- ooo scary movies
- studio ghibli subs n dubs
- totally 90’s
- what do you mean we’re not 10 any more?FOOD
- a whole bunch of delicious recipes
- breakfast on the go
- cheap and healthy snacks
- ever wanted to try lembas bread?
- lavender lemonade
- make your own vitamin water
- microwave mug snacks
- my food and recipe tag
- no more ramen
- quick and easy snacks
- quick and easy soups
- recipes from your favourite fandoms
- smoothie recipes for every occasion
- study snacks
- supercook ingredient match
- thinking about going vegan?FUN STUFF
- cute games
- if ur real bored
- coolio psychological games to make u think
- easy blanket nest
- more cutie games
- plants that help bees
- realistic drawings and animations of plants
- reject someone in elvish
- waste time!
- write a letter to a disney characterGENDER & SEXUALITY
- chest binder tutorial
- helpcorgi’s gender + sexuality masterpost
- if someone tries to tell you your sexuality isn’t natural
- lgbtqia+ movies
- movies about gay ladies
- music monday
- resources for cis allies
- roundup of the best ya novels w lgbtqia+ characters
- simple cami binderMENTAL ILLNESS
- 7 cups of tea
- anxiety masterpost
- bipolar disorder masterpost
- depression masterpost
- disorder specific coping strategies
- feeling isolated?
- help w mental illness
- if you’re not good at reading body language
- need help but low on cash?
- panic and anxiety info and resources
- read web text more easily
- recovering from emotional trauma
- recovery resourcesSCHOOL
- a fuckload of free books
- back to school masterpost
- can’t afford microsoft word?
- cool sciency things
- exam survival
- getting up in the morning
- gigantic study masterpost
- learn anything | also on youtube
- lots and lots of free books
- peer-reviewed alternative to wikipedia
- pull an all-nighter
- remember more of the things you study
- simple essay structure
- study skills
- useful websitesSELF CARE
- alleviate menstrual cramps
- boost your confidence
- funny non gendered sex education
- love yourself!
- more sex ed
- on your period?
- self help after anxiety
- stop biting your nails
- stop procrastinating
- stop skipping breakfast
- super silky summer legs
- tumblr saviour for the rest of the webSOUNDS
- all the music posts you’ve reblogged
- calming noises
- daft punk
- get shit done mix
- music to write to
- my mixes on 8tracks
- star trek ambient sounds
- star trek ds9 infirmary background ambience
- when you can’t remember the name of a song
- which artist should i listen to next?THEMES
- brilliant theme makers and other useful things
- list of simple theme makers
- make your own theme from scratch
- the cutest themes on this websiteTV
- 90’s cartoons
- black comedy written by charlie brooker
- bob ross’ joy of painting
- cute urban fantasy miniseries w positive depiction of a disabled character
- danish political intrigue w subtitles
- every star trek episode ever
- gangsters in the ’20s - gr8 lady characters
- giles & sue
- how to watch classic who | now here’s the masterpost!
- jack davenport and idris elba fight vampires
- paul mcgann fan? you will be after this
- series about cool people starting a colony on another planet - if you enjoy babylon 5 and deep space nine you’ll love this
- the hour
- the x files
- twin peaksMISC
Okay but my favorite thing is how Hiddleston could have had a line or a scoff here and instead he just… hisses. Like a petulant cat.
#its bc thats it loki is an angry cat with issues#he does things for amusement or to teach a lesson#doesnt get it if it blows up in his face (or maybe he really does#but he wont let YOU know)#loves those that always care for him but only shows it sometimes#blames others when he gets hurt#scratches people in defense#need i go on
Are you guys ignoring that this is Loki’s hurt and disgusted reaction to Thor’s Imagined Slights line?
cheap things for school/college!!
- 60 pens for $5.27!!!! $0.08 each
- turbo usb stick, super fast 32GB, 64GB, 128GB, 256GB
- free two-day shipping for college students
- pills to reduce anxiety, stress, depression, and panic attacks
- under the bed storage
- FOUR 70-page notebooks for $3.77 or one for $0.80
- kindle $55
- combination lock
- 36 packs of cheez-it crackers only $16.97
- scientific calculator $0.99
- wireless printer, scanner and copier for $57.99
An eighth grade student from Weaverville Elementary School got a detention slip for sharing his school prepared lunch Tuesday.
Kyle Bradford, 13, shared his chicken burrito with a friend who didn’t like the cheese sandwich he was given by the cafeteria.
Bradford didn’t see any problem with sharing his food.
"It seemed like he couldn’t get a normal lunch so I just wanted to give mine to him because I wasn’t really that hungry and it was just going to go in the garbage if I didn’t eat it," said Bradford.
But the Trinity Alps Unified School District has regulations that prohibit students from sharing their meals.
The policies set by the district say that students can have allergies that another student may not be aware of.
Tom Barnett, the Superintendent of the Trinity Alps Unified School District says that hygiene issues also come into play when banning students from sharing meals.
"We have a policy that prohibits students from exchanging meals. Of course if students are concerned about other students not having enough to eat we would definitely want to consider that, but because of safety and liability we cannot allow students to actually exchange meals," said Barnett.
Bradford’s mother Sandy Bradford thinks that her son did the right thing by sharing his lunch. She also believes that it isn’t up to the school to discipline her son for good manners.
“By all means the school can teach them math and the arithmetic and physical education, but when it comes to morals and manners and compassion, I believe it needs to start at home with the parent,” Sandy said.
Bradford says that he would definitely share his lunch again if a friend wanted a portion of his meal.
Sandy Bradford has taught Kyle well. It’s just sad that we have to teach children that sometimes you have to be willing to be punished for human decency, because compassion is against the rules.
For those that don’t know, the cheese sandwich thing is something that some school districts have implemented for if a child forgets / can’t afford lunch, they can get a cheese sandwich and be, basically, billed for it. Not an actual complete lunch, just a cheese sandwich.
So what this article tells me is that Kyle’s friend didn’t have money for food, but for whatever reason doesn’t qualify for free school lunches. Kyle being a decent human being, he just didn’t want to see his friend have to eat food they didn’t like and still be hungry.
Also, it’s hard for me to read this policy as not being related to conservative fearmongering about food stamp fraud. The slightest bit of critical thinking can tell us that by 13, kids probably know how to manage their own food allergies, but if someone went to the grocery store and got food with food stamps and gave some of it to someone else, you know that’s the kind of thing that would be brought up every time they want to cut SNAP.
A total aside: I’m almost surprised they’re not still giving kids half-frozen peanut butter sandwiches on bread made out of wheat, probably with soy products in it—and then screeching about allergen dangers from sharing food.
School lunches in general are unlikely to be safe for kids with serious allergic reactions, or various other conditions triggered by certain foods. I wouldn’t trust their food not to be cross-contaminated with absolutely ANYTHING, even if they were not handing out the awful commodity peanut butter to kids it might kill. Just one of the many things that got me about this story. :-|
[further bolding mine]
Yeah, the allergy thing really struck me as a bullshit excuse. This whole thing feels much more like policing than concern.
OMG JARED….you little shit!